Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: golf clubs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    golf clubs

    where in the area can i go and check out some golf clubs, sportswise? hibbits?....i just need a starter set for a family member, want him to actually feel the clubs, instead of just ordering some off ebay, and them not feeling right...

    any ideas?

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: golf clubs

    for a beginner don` get anything expensive just go to K-Mart and let him start off with the Ram set. The entire set bag driver irons and all for around $150

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: golf clubs

    That, or if you are looking for higher end clubs, you can go to Golf USA in Johnson City, or Bristol. Nevada Bob's in Bristol, or Golf Unlimited in Colonial Heights.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: golf clubs

    thanks for the replies guys, gonna be kinda hard to find a set of lefty clubs for him though [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: golf clubs

    I don't know what Walmart or Kmart will have in the lefty department, but the other stores carry top notch equipment and have lefty stuff.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: golf clubs

    I know Wal Mart don`t carry sets of clubs unless it`s for a Jr. Not sure about K-Mart

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: golf clubs

    Golf USA in Bristol would be your best bet.

    The golf place on Stone Dr in Kingsport (next to Brookhaven) would also be a good place.

    Lefty clubs are going to be hard to find or try out.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: golf clubs

    The best places for a lefty to purchase good golf equipment:

    leftiesonlygolf.com

    callawaygolfpreowned.com

    rockbottomgolf.com

    3balls.com


    Finding demo equipment for lefties in this area is almost impossible. You might find a demo 6-iron to a particular set in LH'ed here and there within shops, but the choices aren't great. I know you said you didn't want to go through eBay, but sometimes it's the best in regards to price.

    As far as going a cheap route for equipment, it's very difficult to re-sell if you decide you don't want to continue playing golf or if you want to upgrade. The websites above will give you good pricing on good equipment. Myself, I'd look at callawaygolfpreowned first, rockbottom or 3balls second. Leftiesonly is a great company, but sometimes are pricier than the others - but I still have found great deals through them in the past that beat the others.

    If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM.





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •